Join the IBEW - For Electricians
Looking for a skilled career in the electrical industry?
By choosing to join the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Electricians improve their working conditions and quality of life.
IBEW Members and Signatory Contractors work under a Collective Bargaining Agreement. Some benefits of this type of contract are:
- Wages: Known rates of pay for various classifications (Inside, Residential, Sound & Communication)
- Working Conditions: Safety, personal rights, fair treatment, and provide only hand tools
- Hours: Overtime at 1.5X and 2X, holiday rates
- Benefits: Health insurance and retirement plans
- Grievance Procedure: Settle issues through a Labor-Management Committee
- Education: Upgrade classes and continuing education available to members
By joining together, we have more of a say in our careers. With a union, we collectively negotiate with our employers for better wages and benefits, fair treatment, and safer working conditions.